Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A Little Bit Of Chaos in The Comments and Buying My First Shop!

 Howdy Jammers! 

I’m back with another post! *gasp* 


A Side Note (Please Read):


Over the course of the five or so months I was taking a break, random people had started commenting on the blog. Don’t get me wrong, I love new readers. Their comments included some praise about my posts, but at the end of each comment they randomly shoved in a link to websites that sold various pets, from parrots to dogs and “pet food enhancers”.

I'm honored you chose to advertise on my blog, but please don't.


An investigation into their profiles confirmed my suspicions:


 


I never did make my commenting rules too elaborate- I don’t want to deter readers from commenting! But for the record: PLEASE DON'T ADVERTISE ON MY BLOG, AND KEEP ALL COMMENTS ANIMAL JAM RELATED.

I'm honored that you have chose to advertise on my blog, but please don't.

If you would like to let me know about your newest post, please leave a comment about my post then add, “check out my new post!”


I have two reasons for this:

  1. I don’t know where the link goes. It could lead to a website that installs a virus into my / a reader’s computer. Nobody wants that to happen! If you want me to check out your blog, please ensure that the url shows “.blogspot.com” or another blogging platform, or I can find your blog through your profile.

  2. I’ve spent time putting together a post. It's not the best feeling when you spend hours putting together a post, only to see “check out my new post!”


If this continues, I’m going to have to start approving comments, which I don’t want to do! 

Thanks :3



Ok, now onto the *official* post!

 

As a non-member, I’ve always wanted to own a My Shop. It looked so much fun to advertise and sell your unwanted items! Finally, just this past month, AJPW made shops available to ALL JAMMERS!

And....I’ve finally earned enough sapphires to purchase my very own shop!



Apparently they don’t sell the original my shop in Monkah’i anymore?


 


Oooh, Mira’s My Shop looks so cute! Oh my gosh- Mount Jam-more! Aghhhh! Too bad they aren’t non-member items :3


 


Ok, I’ve finally located the my shop in the sapphire shop!

And… *drumroll*


 


I absolutely love it! I've never really paid any attention to the little details around the shop- the cardboard boxes, the lanterns… they’re so small, but all add to that little marketplace vibe.



Now, to fill it with items! I've noticed that a lot of Jammers REALLY overprice their items, so I’m going to try to sell most of my items (except for potions, and a few odd items) under 50 sapphires!


Daily Spin Prizes -->   10-15 sapphires

RIMS--> 15 sapphires

Pack Run Prizes--> 15-20 sapphires

Monthly Sign-In Prizes--> 25-30+ sapphires, depending on how many days they take to earn

Potions (except super sapphire)--> 30-75+ sapphires, depending on their original cost 

(I'm still working these prices out :D)



Now that my shop is full, here comes the best part: advertising! I’m going to head out to some major spawning points and a couple of parties to see how many people I can get!



(A giant arctic wolf casually strolls through the background, enjoying the scenery. Totally normal.)  



Woo hoo! I’ve managed to get FOUR people into my den! I honestly thought getting people into my shop would be a LOT harder, but I guess that since all Jammers can now purchase items from My Shops, I have a wider audience to sell to, and a lot of Jammers are excited to try this new feature







I’ve already made 99 sapphires off of unwanted items that I could’ve only got a couple of hundred gems from if i recycled them!

I'm honestly really happy with the my shop, and I'm glad that I’ve chosen to purchase it!


Design: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really like the little details that went into the shop like the cardboard boxes, but I wish there was a way to individually customize the shop. For example, I wish you could spend gems on different styles of lanterns, or wooden crates instead of cardboard boxes. Other than that, I'm really happy with the design.


Ease of Use:⭐⭐⭐

Personally, I think that the shop can use several improvements in ease of use. First off, if you have an item that is not very common and you would like to sell it for, say, 200 sapphires, you need to click the little “increase the price button” OVER 175 TIMES. It would be REALLY helpful if you could just type in the number.

You can also re-name your shop so it doesn’t have the boring ol’ “username’s shop”, but it's not very easy to find. A little speech bubble that points to the editing tool by the shop name that says something like “click here to edit your shop name!” would be really helpful for jammers with their first shop :)


Currencies: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

In the shop, right now you can only choose between gems or sapphires. It would be cool if you could add the phantom tokens as another form of payment, or you could allow shoppers to choose between different forms of payment. For example, they could choose between paying 7000 gems or 5 sapphires!


Overall, I rate the My Shop ⭐⭐⭐⭐!

It's a super cool, not to mention cute idea, and a fun way to earn extra sapphires or gems!


---



-I'm planning to start an Animal Jam Movement! Look for that announcement sometime in the coming weeks.

- The Scammer Dictionary should be released later next month! More information will be revealed in an upcoming post!

-More art will be posted soon *hopefully*


---


Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in Jamma!

(And I’ll hopefully see you cruising through the isles of my cheap, and not to mention cheerful, shop!)



-Tkaranto





4 comments:

  1. Aaaa spam bots are so annoying >.<
    It's weird that people can make bots that search for blogs and automatically comment shady links on them, but it happens unfortunately. I moderate comments to prevent them, but something you could do instead is add an "are you human" captcha so the bots can't post.

    But on a different note, I like the name you chose for your My Shop :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I didn't want to have to approve every comment, but I also didn't want to be blocking and deleting every comment the bots posted Xl Thanks again!
      -Tkaranto

      Delete
  2. The original My Shop has always been sold in the Sapphire Shop, but Moku'ahi specifically sells member-locked items, hence the cool themed ones. I was actually going to buy the Mira one too aha-
    I have not actually advertised my shops yet, since I don't really have unwanted stuff (hoarder issues) so I do have pets in mine, but I really don't know if I want to sell them...? I'd rather trade them but no one has decent offers pfft.

    OH! Those spam bots - pretty much the reason why I have moderation up, to avoid such annoying stuff to get published heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to stop going to moku'ahi... all those cute members-only items are soo addictive! For some reason, in the moku'ahi clothing shop, there is one item for all jammers?!?
      Im a pretty big hoarder too- i get all these amazing items for my dens that i don't really want to sell but I only use them in one den *sigh*
      I like to use the my shop if I have some unwanted daily spin items, prizes, or I bought a few too many RIMs... or if im in desperate need for sapphires Xp
      -Tkaranto

      Delete

Hey there, and thanks for deciding to comment! :3 Please keep a few rules in mind when writing a comment:
1. Don't bully or post rude comments. Treat others how you would like to be treated :)
2. Don't swear. Animal Jam and The Animal Jam Bubble are child friendly.
3. Please don't comment gibberish, but I would love to buddie you, or rate your den. :)
4. Feel free to rant. I love hearing about your thoughts and opinions!
Thanks for taking time out of your day to comment! I really appreciate it :3
-Tkaranto (ovo)